In response to the Victorian Government current restrictions for religious gatherings, we want to make sure that we play our part to limit any spreading of COVID19.
As changes are being made regularly re COVID, we are doing our best to keep things updated on our site. However, visiting the BUV site which also references the Vic Govt site, will help keep you informed.
- Please do not join with us if you are feeling unwell or have any flu-like symptoms. If you develop symptoms or start feeling sick while at any point during our gathering, go home immediately.
- If anyone in your household is unwell, then you also should stay home, even if you are feeling well, as this is also a way of preventing transmission.
- If you have been instructed to self-quarantine from work, school, university etc. then this also applies to self-quarantining from all church activities.
- In accordance with DHHS guidelines, everyone should carry a fitted face mask to wear when unable to safely distance from others outside, inside masks must be worn (as of 23rd December 2021). Lawful exceptions to this rule can be found on the DHHS website.
- You will need to check in via our QR code on entry to the building for services or other events.
- Wash hands regularly with soap or hand sanitiser. Hand sanitiser will be available onsite.
- Please avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, mouth or mask wherever possible.
- Please continue to greet one another with warmth and affection, however refrain from physical contact including handshakes and hugs where possible.
- Cleaning within the church building is in accordance with the DHHS guidelines.
- Please do your part to obey the signs throughout the church property and show LOVE (not tough love) if needing to remind someone else.
- No use of fans, air-conditioning or ducted heating – please do not turn them on. Doors will be left open where suitable to do so.
- Don’t share items, e.g. your mobile phones etc. BYO water and do not share it.
- Don’t congregate in the kitchen/toilet/rear entrance corridor or other confined spaces.
As mentioned above, you will need to check in when coming to Church. If you can have the Service Victoria App pre-installed on your phone this will help the process move quickly and smoothly. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated may attend the services and events at our church.
Q: What steps are being taken to clean the facility?
A: We are committing to abide with the Health Department recommendations for personal health and sanitising.
Q: Do I need to wear a face mask in order to attend services?
A: It is recommended for everyone to bring a fitted mask to church services as per current government guidelines.
Q: Do I need to keep physical distancing during the Sunday gathering?
A: It is encouraged that you safe distance when possible, but if not able to, a mask should be worn.
Q: Can I use the toilets in the main building?
Q: Can I greet other people during services?
A: We encourage warm and loving greetings but only while kept with physical distancing. We encourage catch ups and to do so outside rather than inside the building.
Q: Will there be morning tea after the service?
A: Not currently but hopefully during 2022.
For a full copy of the BSBC COVID Safe Plan to read or download, click here. Please note this plan is still to be updated due to recent government changes during December 2021.
This page updated 27th December 2021.