In response to the Victorian Government latest restrictions for religious gatherings, we want to make sure that we play our part to limit any spreading of COVID19.
- Please do not join with us if you are feeling unwell or have any flu-like symptoms. If you develop symptoms or start feeling sick while at any point during our gathering, go home immediately.
- If anyone in your household is unwell, then you also must stay home, even if you are feeling well, as this is also a way of preventing transmission.
- If you have been instructed to self-quarantine from work, school, university etc. then this also applies to self-quarantining from all church activities.
- In accordance with DHHS guidelines, everyone must bring a fitted face mask to wear when inside the church building throughout the whole service as of 25 May 2021. Lawful exceptions to this rule can be found on the DHHS website.
- To attend a service please register at the link above beforehand.
- Checking in before entry to the building is mandatory as per govt guidelines. This can be done via QR Code on your phone. If unable to do so, one of the Welcoming Team will assist.
- Wash hands regularly with soap or hand sanitiser. Hand sanitiser will be available onsite.
- Please avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, mouth or mask wherever possible.
- Please continue to greet one another with warmth and affection, however refrain from physical contact, including handshakes and hugs.
- Any communal furniture used by the congregation will be appropriately cleaned after use in accordance with the DHHS guidelines.
- Please enter the church for Sunday services through the main entrance on Austell Road (not through any side or back doors).
- Please do your part to obey the signs throughout the church property and show LOVE (not tough love) if needing to remind someone else.
- No use of fans, air-conditioning or ducted heating – please do not turn them on.
- Don’t share items, e.g. your mobile phones etc. BYO water and do not share it.
- Don’t congregate in the kitchen/toilet/ rear entrance corridor or other confined spaces (please also heed the instructions on the bathroom signs).
- Please remain at least 5m from the singers on stage.
SINGING AND DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS:
- As it is planned to allow congregational singing during the service, we are require to maintain 2m physical distancing throughout the Church and KidZone (this is the current chair spacing in the main hall and KidZone) – over and above the otherwise 1.5m distancing requirement.
- ONLY families of the same household can move chairs together and do not need to social distance.
- Masks must be worn while singing inside the church building.
- If you sing, please sing softly (This is a directive to help decrease spread of germs).
As mentioned above, you will need to check in when coming to Church. If you can have the Service Victoria App pre-installed on your phone this will help the process move quickly and smoothly.
Q: What steps are being taken to clean the facility?
A: We are committing to abide with the Health Department recommendations for personal health and sanitizing.
Q: What are the basic guidelines for seating and attendance?
A: Victorians have been amazing as people have honoured social distancing in stores and other businesses. We trust you to do the same at BSBC. Please do not move the seats (unless families of the same household) as they are in the appropriate positions to abide by guidelines given.
Q: Do I need to wear a facemask in order to attend services?
A: It is required for everyone to bring a fitted mask to church services. They are to be used when singing.We will have extra masks if needed.
Q: Do I have to register to attend a BSBC Sunday service ?
A: Yes. Please do so via the church website before the morning of the service. If you do not have access to the internet please call 0409661788 to register.
The link to register is above.
Q: Do I need to keep physical distancing during the Sunday gathering?
A: Yes. All who attend are asked to please abide by physical distancing while entering, exiting, and while on-site.
Q: Can I use the toilets in the main building?
A: Yes, but access is limited to 1 person at a time in both the men’s and women’s (the special needs toilet will be accessible).
Q: Can I greet other people during services?
A: We encourage warm and loving greetings but only while kept with physical distancing. We encourage catch ups and to do so outside rather than inside the building.
Q: Will there be morning tea after the service?
A: Not to start with but our aim will be sooner rather than later. After the 10am service feel free to catch up with others outside, exiting via the back or verandah doors (avoid exiting the entrance door).
Q: Can I sit with my family?
A: Yes, you can sit with family members of the same household.
For a full copy of the BSBC COVID Safe Plan to read or download, click here.